Why Nursing at UNM-Gallup?
UNM-Gallup offers a comprehensive nursing curriculum that aligns with NMNEC (New Mexico Nursing Education Consortium) standards in an intimate learning environment. Students progress through the four semester program in learning cohorts. A small faculty to student ratio ensures that each student gets individualized academic attention to ensure that they complete the program successfully.
UNM-Gallup Nursing building
What will you learn?
The graduate of the nursing program will:
- Use caring practices to promote health and healing.
- Provide individualized care that recognizes diversity in a variety of settings.
- Demonstrate therapeutic communication in the provision of patient, family and community care as well as effective interprofessional communication.
- Use critical thinking and nursing process as a framework to provide safe and effective care for the patient, family and community.
- Integrate evidence and research findings into practice, including ethical and legal aspects of health care.
- Display professional behavior, including a commitment to lifelong learning.
|UNMG Associate Degree in Nursing Student Achievement Data For 2020|
|NCLEX-RN 1st time pass rate for calendar year 2020:||89.29%|
|2018 student program completion:|
|(Admitted Spring 2018 and completed nursing courses within 6 semesters)||79%|
|(Admitted Fall 2018 and completed nursing courses within 6 semesters)||56%|