UNM-GALLUP FALL AND SPRING ITINERARIES
November 13, 2020
How we will finish the Fall 2020 Semester
- Fall in-person instruction will end on Nov. 25, the day before Thanksgiving. Starting Nov. 30 thru Dec. 12, UNM-Gallup will be in an all-remote instruction and exam period.
- After Thanksgiving most faculty, staff and students will be working remotely and offices and buildings will, for the most part, be physically locked.
- Students in clinical rotations will continue until the end of the semester as long as it is safe to do to assure that they are able to meet program requirements.
- Zollinger Library will be open with posted limited hours after Thanksgiving to provide access to study spaces, internet, and limited computers.
- UNM-Gallup will be largely closed over break (Dec. 24 – Jan. 3).
How we will proceed for Spring 2021 Semester
- The holiday ends on Monday, Jan. 4, 2021.
- UNM-Gallup will conduct the first week of Spring term classes, (Jan. 18 – Jan. 22), as remote instruction.
- After the first week, UNM-Gallup will begin a hybrid term much like the Fall 2020 semester. The breakdown of instructional modes for Spring 2021 UNM-Gallup follows:
|Delivery Type||# of Classes||% of Classes|
We are placing more detailed descriptions in the comments section of the online schedule where students enroll for courses in an effort to clarify what students should expect from the course they are considering and to guide faculty in the development of their syllabi. Those comments follow:
RS - Computer and internet connection are required. Student must be available for remote online course meetings at specific day and times. Instructor will arrange the remote instruction schedule. No online fee.
RA - Computer and internet connection are required. Students may complete course work independently. Instructor will arrange the remote online instruction schedule. No online fee.
F2FP - Computer and internet connection are required. In addition to Face-to-Face instruction, students must be available for remote online course meetings at specific day and times. No online fee.
FACE - Class meets 100% Face-to-Face on all designated days and times
- The Spring term calendar is posted online, but in brief:
- January 18 - Classes Start
- March 14-21 - Break
- May 10-14 - Final Exams
- May 15 - Term Ends
- Note that spring break will occur as previously planned, and there is no remote instruction period planned at the end of the term. Of course, if the progression of COVID-19 dictates otherwise, UNM-Gallup will adjust as needed.
The University of New Mexico - Gallup
705 Gurley Ave.
Gallup, NM 87301