- Recommend procedures and standards for distance learning and hybrid courses and instruction.
- Recommend training for faculty teaching online or hybrid courses.
- Identify degree programs appropriate for online instruction as requested.
- Recommend qualifications for faculty who plan to teach online and/or hybrid courses.
- Recommend introductory orientation modules/courses to the current LMS approved and supported by the University of New Mexico.
- Collaborate with the Faculty Assembly to improve support for online students and instructors.
- Advocate for funding (e.g., stipends, licenses, professional development, etc.). for online or hybrid instruction.
- Utilize data from the Institutional Researcher.
- Participate in online and hybrid course peer-reviews to provide teaching support and feedback.
- Membership (at least 8 members including the chair) must consist of one representative from each division which offers online classes. Members are responsible to report the outcomes of the meetings to their respective divisions.
- All faculty members appointed to the committee should have experience teaching online or hybrid courses.
- A committee quorum consists of one-half of the members present, which is four (4) members, including the chair.
- The chair of this committee shall receive one course release each semester or a SAC while serving as chair.
Monthly meetings will be held during the academic year, except in December and May.
Recommended trainings for online or hybrid courses:
3. Instructional Design Certificate at UNM (registration page) - Continuing Education, eligible for tuition remission - Telephone number: (505) 277-0077
4. Online Teaching & Learning Technologies - Graduate Certificate from NMSU, 5 courses (total 15 credits), all online, eligible for tuition remission
5. Teaching Online Certificate from Quality Matters (QM) , 7 courses, duration 11 weeks, all online, total $1100-$1650 (not eligible for tuition remission)
6. Other options:
- EDUC 1996 S. 501 Blackboard for Instructors, 1 credit hour online class, UNM-Valencia, eligible for tuition remission.
- EDUC 1996 S. 502 Online Curriculum Design and Instruction, 3 credit hour online class, UNM-Valencia, eligible for tuition remission.