What is ACCUPLACER?
ACCUPLACER tests your knowledge in math, reading, and writing. Over 1,500 institutions administer ACCUPLACER tests as part of the enrollment process. These tests help identify your strengths and needs in each subject area. The academic advisers and counselors at your college or technical school will use your ACCUPLACER test results along with information about your academic background, goals, and interests to help you take courses that match your skill level and give you the best opportunities for success.
The ACCUPLACER Test is on Walk-In basis:
Monday - Friday
Session starts at 8:30 AM - 3:00 PM
Test Proctor Services
Proctoring services are available at the testing center for UNM-Gallup campus students and Outside University students.
Proctor testing is available:
Monday – Friday
8:30 AM– 3:00 PM
Testing Tips for Success
- It is best if you have eaten and are well rested before taking any test. Allow yourself plenty of time to take the test.
- We are here to help, ask questions if you do not understand directions before each test begins. Read directions carefully. Make sure you understand the material.
- Visit online: Practice and Be Prepared for ACCUPLACER for available study guides
- Find a comfortable, quiet place to study. Such as the Center for Academic Learning (CAL)
- Space out your studying, focusing on one subject at a time.
- Do your best. Scores are used to determine how long it will take you to meet your educational goals