I have always enjoyed reading and have rediscovered my love for it as I read to and with my kids. I love to cook and have ventured from my comfort zone of Asian foods to New Mexican cuisine. I'm not the sports type, but there is one sport that I very much like: swimming. I also enjoy traveling, hiking, and rafting with my husband and our two sons.
- MSN, University of New Mexico, 2014, Nursing Education
- BSN, University of San Carlos, Cebu City, Philippines, 1999
- NMNC 1135 Principles of Nursing Practice
- NMNC 1230 Nursing Pharmacology
I taught HCNA 101/101L (Nursing Assistant) part-time for three semesters. I joined the nursing faculty full-time in August 2017, teaching the following courses: Principles of Nursing Practice, Nursing Pharmacology, and Health and Illness Concepts II.
Before joining UNM, I worked as the board-approved nursing educator for a hemodialysis technician program for four years, where I was responsible for staff development and patient education.
- 2020-2021 - UNM Outstanding Branch Campus Lecturer of the Year award, May 7, 2021
- 2014 - Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing
- 2014- Golden Key International Honour Society
- 2014 - Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- 2007 - Employee of the Month, Rehoboth McKinley Christian Health Care Services
- 1999 - 7th place in the Philippine Nurse Licensure Examination given in May 1999
- 1999- Magna Cum Laude, University of San Carlos
- 1999 - Outstanding Graduate Award, University of San Carlos
- 1999 - Outstanding Performance in Related Learning Experience in both Hospital and Community Work, University of San Carlos
- 1999 - Uliran Award for having brought distinct honor and prestige to the college by exemplary achievement in both academic and co-curricular activities serving as a role model worthy of emulation, University of San Carlos