My interests include reading, writing fiction, birds, and languages, of which I read seven.
- Ph.D., University of Kentucky, 2015, English
- M.A., University of Kentucky, 2003, English
- B.A., Transylvania University, 2001, English
- ENGL 100 (College Reading and Writing)
- ENGL 110 (Accelerated Composition)
- ENGL 120 (Composition III)
- I have taught composition courses at all levels, including ENGL 099 (the level below 100), Business Writing, and Advanced Composition; Literary Criticism; and literature courses at all levels, including Folk and Fairy Tales at Gallup in Spring 2017; surveys of British, world, and American literature; themed courses focused on nineteenth- and twentieth-century British literature and Feminist Science Fiction; Major Authors: Jane Austen; and team-taught courses on Major Twentieth-Century American Woman Authors and English Senior Capstone.
- (Accepted, in revision). "The Death of Birdsong, The Birdsong of Death: Algernon Charles Swinburne and the Horror of Erosion." In Ecohorror, edited by Christy Tidwell and Carter Soles.
- "How Wide the Sky: Birds as Conduits of Kinship in George Meredith's Writing." 2018 Conference Proceedings, Hawaii International Conference on Arts & Humanities. Available online at http://hichumanities.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/AH2018.pdf.
- "The First Gift: Owls as Paragons of the Non-human." In Inside the World of Harry Potter, edited by Christopher Bell, McFarland, November 2018.
- "Numbers for an Alternative Anthropocene: Population Counting and Humanity's Place Among Other Species in Daniel Keys Moran's Tales of the Continuing Time." Ecozon@: European Journal of Literature, Culture, and Environment, Vol. 9, No. 1, Spring 2018. Available online at http://ecozona.eu/issue/view/137/showToc.
- "Partnership, Not Dominion: Resistance to Decay in the Falconry Memoir." ASSAY: A Journal of Non-fiction Studies, Vol. 4, No. 2, Spring 2018. Available online at https://www.assayjournal.com/keri-stevenson-partnership-not-dominion-8203resistance-to-decay-in-the-falconry-memoir.html.