Commencement exercises are held twice per year, at the end of the spring and fall semester. Attendance is optional. Students whose requirements were completed and degrees conferred in the preceding summer session, fall or spring semester are invited to attend.
Spring 2019 Commencement
Date: Friday, May 10, 2019
Time: 6:00 PM
Location: Angelo DiPaolo Memorial Stadium
- Keep a current checklist on your courses and when it looks like you are about a semester away from graduation, submit an Application to Graduate to your Academic Advisor.
- Your Advisor will verify that you are close to graduating and will check for compliance with other university policies such as the requirement of a 2.0 cumulative GPA.
- Assuming that you meet these requirements, your name will be put on a potential graduation list.
- Finally, when grades are posted for your last semester's work, a final check is completed and your name is forwarded for issue of your diploma.
- You will need to provide current, accurate mailing information to the university to receive the diploma which usually arrives a couple of months after the actual graduation ceremony.
The University of New Mexico - Gallup,
705 Gurley Ave.
Gallup, NM 87301