- The elected officers (President, Vice-President, and Secretary) and three (3) additional Assembly members elected by the full Assembly shall be the members of the committee.
- The membership term is one year. Operations Committee member may serve up to three consecutive terms. Faculty interested in serving an additional year must be elected to the President, Vice President or Secretary position. Faculty interested in serving on the Operations Committee, but not elected to the position of President, Vice president or Secretary, can only be elected again after a three-year hiatus from the Operations Committee. Since the parliamentarian is a non-voted appointed position, these rules do not apply to that position.
- The President of the Assembly shall serve as Chairperson of the Assembly Operations Committee.
- The Parliamentarian serves on the operations committee in an advisory capacity as required.
- Perform basic administrative functions to facilitate the work of the Assembly and the Assembly committees.
- Establish priorities and set agenda for Assembly meetings
- Transmit to the Assembly, with recommendations for adoption or rejection, all reports, recommendations and proposals received from other Assembly committees. In performing this function, the Operations Committee shall not change committee recommendations or proposals without the approval of the originating committee. It may present its own recommendations to the Assembly, with those of the originating committee, for final Assembly approval.
- Distribute the scheduling of all Assembly committee meetings and related activities
- Study Assembly procedures and structure, and make recommendations for their improvement
- Refer reports, recommendations or proposals submitted by an Assembly committee to another Assembly committee or directly to a University administrator or other officer if additional comment appears to be needed
- Function as a "committee on committees" - supervises all other Faculty Assembly committees.
Faculty Assembly Officers AY 2021/22
Dr. Matt Mingus, Associate Professor
- Vice President:
Dr. Aretha Matt, Assistant Professor
- Operations Committee:
- Sonya Damon, Lecturer II
- Dr. Sarah Llanque, Assistant Professor
- Dr. Carolyn Kuchera, Associate Professor
Dr. Keri Stevenson, Assistant Professor
The University of New Mexico - Gallup,
705 Gurley Ave.
Gallup, NM 87301