Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update 3.2.2021
These UNM-Gallup updates are intended to keep our campus informed on developments related to the COVID-19 Coronavirus outbreak. The Chancellor’s Weekly Brief will also be distributed on Fridays. For additional information, please rely on www.unm.edu/coronavirus or www.gallup.unm.edu/coronavirus
CHANCELLOR’S OPEN OFFICE HOUR – FRIDAY 3/5 – 9 A.M.
Please join us on Friday, March 5th for the Chancellor’s Open Office Hour at 9 a.m. via Zoom:
Meeting ID: 988 7256 6610
One tap mobile
+16699006833,,98872566610# US (San Jose) 12532158782,,98872566610# US
Dial by your location
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington D.C)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
Meeting ID: 988 7256 6610
Zoom Quick Start Guide:
If you have never used Zoom before, please install the client in advance of the webinar:
- For Windows and Mac Users:
- Zoom Mobile Apps:
UNM-GALLUP LIMITED OPERATIONS DAILY UPDATE:
Today’s COVID-19 operational status report for the UNM-Gallup campus:
- We remain under our limited operations.
- UNM-Gallup facilities are accessible by authorized Tier 1 personnel only. All other personnel should continue working remotely until further notice.
- The fitness trail is now closed through November 30th in accordance with the governor’s public health order published on Nov. 13.
- Daily self-reporting policy remains in effect. If you need to come to campus, please coordinate access to a building with your supervisor and campus police—and be sure to respond to the daily COVID-19 self-reporting email that all UNM-Gallup personnel receive each morning from the main campus.
- You can review the UNM-Gallup Safe Return plan at www.gallup.unn.edu/safe-return
- COVID-19 testing is available in the Lions Hall parking lot on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Face masks are always required on campus.
COVID-19 VACCINE PRE-REGISTRATION:
The New Mexico Department of Health is leading the State of New Mexico’s COVID-19 vaccination preparedness planning in close collaboration with other state agencies and partners throughout the state. Registering for the COVID-19 vaccine is easy! Follow the process and NMDOH will notify you when the vaccine is available in your community. Register at vaccinenm.org today!
GIMC VACCINE EVENTS AT UNM-GALLUP:
Gallup Indian Medical Center (GIMC) will conduct COVID-19 vaccination events at the University of New Mexico (UNM) -Gallup Campus Gymnasium on:
- Tuesday, March 2 from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm.
Gallup Service Unit events are open to individuals, ages 16 years and older, who are residents of Gallup Service Unit, and who receive their health care at Gallup SU health facilities.
Read the full release here.
NM COVID-19 UPDATE:
New Mexico state health officials announced yesterday (3/1) 166 additional COVID-19 cases, including 2 new cases in McKinley County. There were 13 additional deaths reported yesterday with the total COVID-related deaths in the state now totaling 3,729.
You can read the full update here.
UNM HEALTH PROFESSIONS SYMPOSIUM
The 2021 UNM Health Professions Symposium is scheduled for Saturday, March 6. The event this year will be hosted remotely to give students interested in the health professions an opportunity to explore their passions, discover various pathways into the field of their choice and learn about the realities and challenges of a health professions and career in healthcare. With many workshops on various topics to choose from, this is a great opportunity to network with individuals and grow professionally.
You can register here.