Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update 9.16.2020
These UNM-Gallup updates are intended to keep our campus informed on developments related to the COVID-19 Coronavirus outbreak. The Chancellor’s Weekly Brief will also be distributed on Fridays. For additional information, please rely on www.unm.edu/coronavirus or www.gallup.unm.edu/coronavirus
CHANCELLOR’S OPEN OFFICE HOUR – THURSDAY 9/17 – 4 P.M.
Please join us on Thursday, 9/17 for the Chancellor’s Open Office Hour at 4 p.m. on Zoom. Instructions are posted below.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 943 6058 0984
One tap mobile
+13462487799,,96075684458# US (Houston)
+16699006833,,96075684458# US (San Jose)
Zoom Quick Start Guide:
If you have never used Zoom before, please install the client in advance of the webinar:
- For Windows and Mac Users:
- Zoom Mobile Apps:
UNM-GALLUP LIMITED OPERATIONS DAILY UPDATE:
Today’s COVID-19 operational status report for the UNM-Gallup campus:
- We remain under our limited operations. Classes are held remotely with the exception of a few essential skill courses and labs. Students – please be in contact with your instructor(s) via UNM Learn.
- UNM-Gallup facilities are accessible by authorized Tier 1 personnel only. All other personnel should continue working remotely until further notice.
- The fitness trail remains open; a face mask or covering is required while exercising. Trail equipment remains closed.
- Zollinger Library: Online services, scanning, and curbside pickup is available. Request a Service here. UNM-G community members can request an appointment here.
- The bookstore is offering new curbside pickup hours Monday through Thursday from 10 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (closed for a half hour at Noon for lunch).
- Daily self-reporting policy remains in effect. If you need to come to campus, please coordinate access to a building with your supervisor and campus police—and be sure to respond to the daily COVID-19 self-reporting email that all UNM-Gallup personnel receive each morning from the main campus.
- COVID-19 testing is available in the Lions Hall parking lot on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Face masks are always required on campus.
UNM COVID-19 DASHBOARD:
UNM—including UNM-Gallup--has put into place many measures for the safety of our campus community during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Students, faculty and staff receive daily emails to report whether they have any symptoms of the disease and whether they are intending to come to campus. We are also tracking information on members of our community that test positive for COVID-19, either through services at UNM or self-reported, and are fully cooperating with the state’s contact tracing efforts. This combined information allows us to direct resources to help individuals with needs and enables us to work together to create a safe environment for learning.
You can view the full UNM dashboard here.
NM COVID-19 UPDATE:
New Mexico state health officials on Tuesday announced 82 additional COVID-19 cases, including 12 new cases in McKinley County. The Department of Health on Tuesday reported seven additional deaths in New Mexico related to COVID-19. As of yesterday, there are 59 individuals hospitalized in New Mexico for COVID-19.
You can read the full release here.
UNM ANTI-RACISM RESOLUTION:
At September’s business meeting, the Staff Council adopted 2020 Resolution #6: Addressing Acts of Racism at UNM. This is being sent to all staff because it is specified in the Resolution, but also because this resolution calls to action all UNM employees regarding acts of racism. This, and all Staff Council resolutions, can be found on the Staff Council website.