Become a Lobo!
Is your mind racing just thinking about everything you need to get done before this deadline or that deadline? We are here for you and welcome you to UNM-Gallup.
Four Steps to Becoming a UNM Gallup Student
Step 1: Submit Your Admissions Application
The University of New Mexico-Gallup is a smart choice for students looking for career or a transfer degree. We offer affordable tuition, convenient location and small classes that allow students to get personal attention from their instructors. Not only can we help you get the training you need for a job or career, we can also get you started toward a bachelor's degree. Not least, we also offer courses for personal enrichment.
Make sure you have met our admission requirements. All application fees will be waived for spring 2021!
Connect with our admissions team. We are here for you virtually, and our admissions team can assist you with:
- Completing your admissions application
- Requesting official transcripts
- Ensuring that your admissions process is complete.
Step 2: Apply for Financial Aid
Our office of Financial Aid is dedicated to helping students pursue higher education by providing appropriate financial resources and other aid for all qualified current and prospective students.
Our financial aid team can:
- Assist with your FAFSA application
- Review your file and inform you of documentation required—and provide support in filling out verification documentation
- Answer any questions you may have about financial aid, including scholarships and work study or student employment opportunities.
Check out our FAFSA guide to get step-by-step information on completing your application.
Contact our Financial Aid Office at (505) 863-7663 or chat with us now. Visit our website for additional information and scholarship opportunities.
Step 3: Create Your UNM NetID
A NetId allows you access to your UNM email and other services including LoboWeb where you can view and register for classes, check your Bursar account, access online courses, and more New students can create a NetID within 24 hours of being admitted.
Step 4: Schedule an Advising Appointment
Our advisement and student success team is here for you. Your academic advisor will:
- Review your academic records and applicable test scores to determine your required courses
- Assist you in developing goals and creating your educational plan
- Help you plan your class schedule
- Provide information on new student orientation and help you register for a session